- Symbolic politics or generification? The ambivalent implications of tree ordination in the Thai environmental movement by Henry D. Delcore. PDF
- Images of Nature as Designs for Czech Post-Socialist Society by Birgit Müller. PDF.
- Aguas Broncas: The Regional Political Ecology of Water Conflict in Mexico-U.s. borderlands by Casey Walsh . PDF
- Something New Under the Sun: An Environmental History of the Twentieth-Century World, by J. R. McNeill (2001), New York: Norton, xxvi, 421 pp. Reviewed by Michael Bess, History Department, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- Between Mecca and Beijing: Modernization and Consumption among Urban Chinese Muslims, by Maris Boyd Gillette. (2000), Stanford: Stanford University Press, xxi, 279 pp. Reviewed by Li Zhang, Department of Anthropology, University of California at Davis
Book Reviews PDF