- Food Insecurity and Livelihhood Systems in Northwest Haiti by Mamadou Baro. PDF
- Comedy and Tragedy in the Andean Commons by Paul Trawick . PDF
- Forgotten Border Actors: the Border Reinforcers by Alejandro Grimson and Pablo Vila.PDF
Book Reviews PDF
- Something New Under the Sun: An Environmental History of the Twentieth-Century World, by J. R. McNeill (2001), New York: Norton, xxvi, 421 pp. Reviewed by Michael Bess, History Department, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- Between Mecca and Beijing: Modernization and Consumption among Urban Chinese Muslims, by Maris Boyd Gillette. (2000), Stanford: Stanford University Press, xxi, 279 pp. Reviewed by Li Zhang, Department of Anthropology, University of California at Davis